Come and work with us: Communications & Marketing Manager
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Employer: GREATER HAMMERSMITH LTD. t/a HammersmithLondon
Location: Hammersmith, London
Industry: Non-Profit, PR
Function: Marketing, Communications & Events
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 p.a. + Benefits (commensurate with experience)
An exciting opportunity to work for a cutting-edge organisation that is responsible for delivering a safer, more attractive, cultured and better-connected town centre for Hammersmith.
The person will be fully responsible for contributing to the overall communications strategy and business plans, including specialised input into PR and communications, marketing and website and putting Hammersmith on the map.
An excellent copywriter, you will have PR, media and online experience together with first class social media skills. You will be able to demonstrate how to successfully manage third party suppliers including graphic designer, events companies and marketing agencies. Experience working with Act-based databases would be helpful.
• Create vibrant content for the company website.
• Update the Company website.
• Oversee team members content
• Maintain a relevant presence across all BID platforms daily
• Maintain and update company app
• Support and assist with events delivery
• Provide promotional publicity for all BID events
• Create and deliver all marketing material for events
• Create Feedback reports for all BID events
• Writethe monthly e-news bulletin
• Create weekly e-shots in conjunction with third party graphic designer
Marketing Literature and collateral:
• Write and edit all marketing literature
• Oversee the design, production and effective distribution of all material
• Support communications & marketing for all BID project areas
• Lead on BID Communication Strategy to connect with BID businesses
• Ensure businesses are informed of BID activity
• Create the content for various industry, town and governmental awards
• Create and produce innovative campaigns to promote Hammersmith
• Deliver ongoing campaigns
• Liaise closely with other press offices
• Coordinate and manage third party suppliers
• Overall responsibility for the update and maintenance of the company database for communications
• Work closely with the team to provide robust and substantial data
• Provide a monthly board report on BID activity
• Support communications for board meeting
• Do Survey reports on a periodic basis
Undertake such other duties commensurate with the position and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required.
Suitable candidates will be educated to a degree level and will have a minimum of 5 years of experience likely to be in a destination, cultural or tourism marketing role. You will have good communication skills, an eye for detail, an ability to work with the public and the confidence to work in isolation.
• First class copywriter
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• Knowledgeable digital marketer with established working comprehension of website,
apps and social media
• Experienced in database management
• Project management skills
• Experience of independently drafting a range of documents including reports, surveys and presentations
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage a range of external clients both orally and in writing with tact and sensitivity
• Degree or equivalent experience to meet the requirements of the post
• Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using own judgement to refer up where necessary
• Flexible approach to changing priorities and requirements
• An informed interest / experience in town centre management
• Strong IT skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
HammersmithLondon Business Improvement District (BID) is a democratically elected, business-led and business-funded body, formed to improve a defined commercial area.
First established in 2006, it is one of the oldest BIDs in the country, which has also successfully renewed its mandate in March 2011 and then again in March 2016. The BID has been broadly recognised as one of the best, having been awarded the overall category winner for Best BID Area and Best Town Centre by ATCM (Association of Town Centre Managers).
The BID has also won three consecutive Safer Business Awards and two London in Bloom Gold Awards.
The team at HammersmithLondon work in close partnership with various public and community
organisations including the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, the Greater London Authority, Metropolitan Police and Transport for London (TfL).
In the first instance please supply your CV and cover letter to Patricia Bench at: