GDPR – Is your business ready?
With only two months until the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect, there is still time to ensure your business is fully compliant with this change in legislation before the 25th May launch.
Introduced to keep pace with the modern digital landscape, the GDPR extends the data rights of individuals, and requires organisations to develop clear policies and procedures to protect personal data and adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures.
From small retail outlets to large office buildings, the new data protection regulations will affect the operating procedures of data controllers and processors in the majority of businesses across the Hammersmith BID area. To support you in adapting to this change, we are pleased to provide you with the latest advice from Barclays Bank.
HammersmithLondon BID – Data Protection
- – All of our electronically stored information is safeguarded against loss, theft and cyber-attack through our investment in security and controls measures in place
- – All personal information supplied and held on our databases is used solely for the purpose it was originally intended for
- – We only store information for as long as the original purpose dictates
- – Quality assurance is achieved on GDPR compliance through regular reviews and the deletion of expired data as well as opt out options on our marketing communications
- – We do not share personal data with third-party organisations without prior consent