King Street Closure Hammersmith
On Tuesday 20 February proactive monitoring of the water pipes in Kings Street, Hammersmith, W6 identified two leaks beneath the road surface. To avoid localised flooding, Thames Water has closed a section of the road to carry out emergency repairs.
21 February – Update
– King Street is closed between Hammersmith Broadway and Bridge Avenue
– Eastbound traffic on King Street heading to Studland Street is not affected
– Buses are being diverted via Shepherd’s Bush Road
– Businesses in King Street remain open
– Completion date anticipated for 26 February
Reducing the impact of flooding
On Friday the 26 January, fire crews and rescue units from across London attended a significant burst water main on King Street. An area of around 650 metres by 100 metres flooded to varying depths of up to 500mm. Although the surface water was cleared by Saturday at 0200hrs, due to the size and location of the burst pipe and the damage caused, King Street was closed over the weekend and had a devastating impact on some local businesses.
– In the event of your business flooding, you must notify Thames Water immediately and contact your landlord/insurance company without delay.
– Guidance from the Environment Agency can be found on the go.uk website.
– The HammersmithLondon BID Business Continuity Plan enables Hammersmith businesses prepare to safeguard their personnel and assets against any event that could negatively impact operations. It aids businesses to function in the event of a major blow to their company infrastructure (flood, fire, building collapse, terrorism etc)
– Due to inefficiencies identified within the use of sandbags, businesses are strongly encouraged to invest in purpose-made flood protection products such as flood boards, non-return valves for plumbing and air-brick covers.
To find out more on how HammersmithLondon BID are supporting Business Resilience and Emergency Planning or guidance on how we can assist you with our Business Continuity Plan, please contact our Operations Manager, Gordon Brockie on T 020 3362 4626