Project GRIFFIN – Counter Terrorism Awareness Training
HammersmithLondon BID are pleased to be working in partnership with the Metropolitan Police in bringing Project Griffin – Counter Terrorism Awareness Training to Hammersmith throughout 2018. The one hour modules (covering two of the four key topics) are free of charge and are aimed at all staff members within your organisation. All of the modules will be held at the Lyric Theatre (Digital Playspace), Lyric Square, Hammersmith, W6 0QL.
The aim of a Project Griffin is:
- – To help understand the threat of terrorism to the UK
- – Guide individuals on what to do if they find themselves involved in a terrorist incident or events that lead up to planned attack
- – Enable people to recognise and report suspicious activity
Project Griffin is a nationally recognised package, delivered by Counter Terrorism Police officers, comprising of four key topics *:
- 1. Current Threat & Methodology (WHO is doing WHAT, and more importantly; HOW. This information enables you to have a greater understanding of the importance of knowing what to do in an emergency)
- 2. Suspicious Behaviour (Sometimes referred to as ‘Hostile Reconnaissance’, you are taught how to recognise it, and what to do – the principles apply to general criminality as well as terrorism)
- 3. Unattended/Suspicious Objects (Improvised Explosive Device (IED) are a known tactic of terrorists. You are taught what to look out for and what to do if you find something suspicious)
- 4. Weapons Attack (Run/Hide/Tell – what action to take in the event of an attack/incident involving any weapon)
To reserve a space on one of these sessions, click on the link underneath the relevant module and add the name(s) and the contact email address of the people you wish to attend.
If you have already attended a Project Griffin, please consider a refresher, or recommend this valuable training to any of your colleagues or company stakeholders.
Friday 23 February, 10.00 – 11.00 – Current Threat & Methodology, Weapons Attack
RESERVE A PLACE
Tuesday 11 December, 10.00 – 11.00 – Current Threat & Methodology, Weapons Attack
RESERVE A PLACE
Tuesday 12 February, 2019, 10.00 – 11.00 – Suspicious Behaviour, Unattended/Suspicious Objects
RESERVE A PLACE
*There are other modules available – Bomb Threats, Introduction to Document Awareness, Drones/UAV. These can be delivered as part of a longer training session, however, we recommend that this is more suitable as part of a ‘bespoke’ package which can be delivered on site. If you require further information on site-specific training, please click here to send an email.
Please click here to email the Counter Terrorism Protective Security Office for Hammersmith & Fulham for further information or if you have any questions.
To find out how HammersmithLondon BIDs security projects and partnership with the Met Police is making Hammersmith a safer environment in which to work, visit and invest in, please contact Operations Manager, Gordon Brockie at firstname.lastname@example.org